Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Friends & Colleagues,
As we did last year, we’re going to do something a bit different in this final podcast episode of the year. Instead of the regular interview format, I’m going to respond to a few questions that I frequently receive from listeners. I’ll be asking and answering these questions (which I discovered is a lot harder than it sounds). This format is also a bit different in that my responses aren’t scripted. So, this episode is a bit more informal and unfiltered. And my responses are, by no means, comprehensive.
What we’ll cover will include:
- The forces and factors that have shaped American healthcare in 2019, and will continue to be the predominant market forces in the next year and in the coming decade.
- Some of my healthcare disappointments of 2019, and hopes for the coming year.
- A few highlights from our recent podcast episodes this year. The ‘must-listen-to’ podcasts. (Spoiler alert: They’re ALL ‘must-listen-to’ podcast episodes. Otherwise, I wouldn’t post them).
- A brief comment on why I’m producing this podcast series and why I wrote and published a book this year, Reframing Healthcare – a Roadmap for Creating Disruptive Change.
- A couple of ‘best-advice’ comments I’ve heard this year – year-end thoughts…
We will kick-off the 2020 podcast season on Jan 16th. Our first interview is with Secretary David Shulkin MD. Dr. Shulkin served as the Undersecretary of Health within the Obama Administration and then as the 9th Secretary of Veterans Affairs in the Trump cabinet. He recently published an enlightening and engaging book on his experience. Reads a bit like a novel. He’s a tremendous healthcare leader and will share his unique insights with us all.
Finally – I want to express my gratitude to you all – for your support & encouragement. Truly appreciate your feedback. Please keep emailing and messaging on LinkedIn and Twitter. And, also, please continue to share the podcast and the book, Reframing Healthcare, with your colleagues.
Wishing you and yours – Happy Holidays and a Happy & Healthy New Year!
Until Next Year, Be Well!